What's an ISA / Income Sharing Agreement ?
- An Income Share Agreement (ISA) is a monetary arrangement which provides for a service to an individual, on a condition that they agree to pay back a percentage of their income for a fixed period of time — which could be months or even years.
Some say Income Sharing Agreement is a trap, can you clarify ?
- It could be a trap based on who's funding the ISA & the interest %. In most coding bootcamps / startups setup the VC money is being pooled into the startup as a customer acquisition strategy which in turn productises a student as a debt instrument. We are aware of this hence QCI is being registered as a non-profit foundation so we don't have VC money to fund the ISAs thus no pressure to convert the ISAs into a financial instrument. Our reasoning behind ISA is to make people value the course as our team has put a lot of effort into curating these courses and on top of that the community based learning sets in immense accountability. You don't start paying till you cross a certain threshold of monthly income.
I am a recent graduate and haven't joined any job or am a student thus I don't have an income. How would an Income Sharing Agreement work in this case?
- Ans - You have a period of 60 months to find a Job for graduate and as many extended months for students before Graduation, earn more than Rs. 30,000/-pm to start paying back. Refer section "When you must start making monthly payments" in the Income Sharing Agreement.
I am an International Student (e.g. Nepal, Singapore citizen) - International students also can apply for scholarship? I have seen a clause in the ISA document stating one should be Indian citizen to hold ISA. Is Indian citizen requirement holds for only ISA or for scholarship as well?
- Ans - You are eligible for both ISA and Scholarship, the one you see is generic ISA and we will be sending you an international ISA for such edge cases.
I have applied for a scholarship, So Do I have to send the ISA form back before the interview or after it, And where to send it?
- Ans - Yes, ISA is for all Fellowship students. Send in your signed ISA documents to QuantumComputingIndia@gmail.com
I applied for the qci fellowship program for the january batch because of my semester exams. Do I need to take the interview for the scholarship now.
- Ans - we'll conduct one more round of scholarship interviews in Dec for the Jan batch, you can attend them.
Is the interview for the scholarship cancelled?
- Ans - No, We still have more scholarship applications to be processed, in the interest of each individual getting a fair chance, we have updated the calendar to book new time slots. A mail to this regard is sent to all registered participants.
I submitted my application for fellowship. But I would like to withdraw my application for the same. Please let me know how do I withdraw my application for fellowship.
- Ans - Write an email to "QuantumComputingIndia@gmail.com" and specify the reason for withdrawal before the start of the Fellowship program
I’ve attended the 15 min interview I don’t know the results of the interview, I’m a B.Com graduate if you give me a chance, it will help to my career a lot
- Ans - All Fellowship students will receive the email of their status together once we complete all Scholarship interviews. We are open to everyone who is hungry to learn and contribute back to the community.
Thank you for your polite interaction and valuable suggestion. But I would like to choose Quantum fellowship. The reason is I want to learn from basics.Once I feel I am good with basics I will lean towards other programmes like Quantumwinter!
- Ans - you can choose any program that are running on our platform, learning is continuous activity and you can choose whichever suits your hunger to learn
Who should I contact if calendar dates for meeting(scholarship) is full, I Cannot fill.
Can I know the basic structure of this interview, in terms of what type of questions they may ask? Whether they will ask about my knowledge in this field or just about my interest and scholarship requirement ?
- Ans - We are not going to ask any Technical questions, We will have simple conversation to know you better.